Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Oh you thought you had an interview hahahahaha"

Well maybe it didn't happen quite like that, but it might as well have.

So today I finally decided to call and find out what the hold up is with this supposed interview. I've been trying to be patient, since I was specifically told not to worry if it takes a while, but I got tired of waiting around for my phone to ring. I'm really glad that I decided to do that, because when I called I was very casually told "we sent over your information for an interview, but the company decided to go with someone who had more experience."

I don't know how much explaining I did in my prior blogs, but for a little background-- I was approached for this position by a staffing agency, after applying for one of their other postings. So my first interview was with the staffing agency, but for this particular position with a different company. I did my research just to make sure that this agency was legitimate everything checked out. After interviewing with them and scoring well on some computer tests, I was told that they were going to set up an interview with the company. My interviewer said that hopefully it will be set up by the end of the next week, but due to the supervisor being out of town so often, it might take longer. Turns out that wasn't quite as definite as she led me to believe. Not once did she use the words "probably," or "hopefully," or even "if" when talking about this interview.

The thing that makes me the maddest, is that no one even bothered to call and tell me that I didn't have an interview after all. Here I was at home waiting around for something that wasn't even going to happen. I was so hopeful and excited for this interview, and now I'm right back to square one. I really wish she hadn't given me such false hope.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm not losing hope that the right job is out there waiting for me (and by "right job" I mean "pays decently and doesn't suck"). If that means I have to work retail for a few months until it comes along, then that's not the worst thing in the world that could happen. I'm better off now than I was 6 months ago when I had a job that I was miserable with, and in another 6 months I know that I'll be better off than I am now....I hope.

4 comments:

  1. Soon you'll be writing a blog post about your new job UNLESS we win the lottery and are too busy traveling and shopping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah if we win the lottery, then I'm through with this job searching business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you have described so far, is almost exactly what I have gone through (and many of my friends, as well) It sucks. But hey, at least you didn't go to college, then get years of experience in something you enjoy only to end up getting a job supervising janitors. My job title is very decieving.

    ReplyDelete